Blogroll

Thursday 27 January 2011

'ello treacle!

Greetings dearest followers (feels a bit silly writing that because i don't have any yet *sad face*),

My name is Alye (pronounced Ellie), but you may wish to call me Ellister as most people tend to do so. I'm not sure what to write if i'm honest, what do people write in an introduction to a blog? I'm completely new to this 'blogging' malarky, haven't really read many so i'm a little apprehenisve as to how my blog will be percieved by all you bloggers out there. I aim to please (i hope!)...so you'l find me posting about the most random stuff, both past and present, anything to do with food (my first and ONLY love), make up, fashion, possibly hijab styles, my nephew (actually i take that back, he's my ONLY true love) and loadsa other random things (like my love for Disney pj's...who's with me?!...anyone?). You can tell i like to babble on a bit :)

The purpose of this blog...well, i recently graduated (BSc Psychology and Sociology) and currently work as a checkout girl part time (i'm sure there'll be a few posts on the LOWS of work). Anyway, seeing as i am having NO LUCK whatsoever with landing myself a decent degree related job and also due to the fact that i'm getting fed up of sitting at home and letting my legs get hairy (okay not literally, but you know what i mean?!), i decided to start up a blog...also props to my dear dear friend AshiMashi for encouraging and helping me set one up! I will also use this space to keep you guys updated on an upcoming project i plan to pursue called The Happy Hub, so watch this space for more info peeps!

I shall stop myself there before i go on to write an essay...i hope you guys will enjoy my blog and hope to keep you guys entertained whilst i'm on this supposed 'gap year' (the imaginery one of course...only because it sounds far better than answering 'nothing' when people ask me what stage i am in life at the moment).

Anywhoooo, toodle peep...

Ellister X 

5 comments:

  1. Assalaam Alaikum Alye,

    Welcome to the vast world of blogging! Pleased to make your acquaintance via Aisha. =)

    Insha'Allah, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and keep up with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Alye!
    Looking forward to your posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashi: *waves back* You are an absolute gem! x

    Sara: Wa'alaikum salaam sister, thank you for your comment. Looking forward to getting to know you too Insha'Allah :) Do stay in touch, x

    Smiley: Hello m'lovely! Hope you enjoy my posts =) Didn't catch your name? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiley is just smiley....we adore her to bits, but don't know her name =P

    ReplyDelete