Blogroll

Friday 28 January 2011

Mac Rubiwoo lipstick a.k.a 'The Bullet'

Hello m'lovlies...

I thought i'd do my first 'proper' post on one of my fave lippies at the mo...

I never EVER thought i could pull off red lipstick because i'm slightly on the 'tanned' side and i just thought it'd be a beauty faux pas if i were to ever wear red lipstick. However, my best friend said i was being ridiculous and that i should try Mac's Rubywoo lippy. So i did...i gave it a try at Selfridges and i was kinda shocked that it actually looked good. I decided to keep it on for the rest of my shopping trip (ladies beware, it is a bit of a head turner!) and i did get some lovely comments from shop assistants who said it really suited me which made me like 'the bullet' even more. Oh, the reason why i call it 'the bullet' is simply because the casing for the lippy looks like a bullet...that and of course how dramatic the colour is! Anyway, i went back to Selfridges a few days later and bought Rubywoo...well i didn't actually buy it because i exchanged 6 empty Mac containers (it can be ANY 6 bottles/ containers/ pots) and got the lippy for free so i felt EXTRA excited that i didn't have to spend any money on the lippy. I was glad i could put those empty containers to use...when i started wearing make up, Mac products were my kinda 'holy grail'. I became an addict and constantly used it for a few years until i found that i was breaking out and had been recommended the wrong colour for the products i was purchasing so i discontinued using it but i still kept the empty containers because it just added to my collection...of empty make up pots and containers i guess. Sad i know, but hey i didn't feel so sad when i got my free lippy, woo hooo!

Anyway, heres a swatch of Mac Rubywoo. Its a matte deep red colour and looks perfect with Asian skin tone (even if you are slightly more tanned than your average Asian)...


I haven't actually got a pic of me wearing it but i will do soon...it's sooo tempting to wear it when i'm going shopping, seeing a friend for coffee or even work but my best friend said i should keep it for special occasions (e.g. parties, weddings, etc) so it'll elicit more of the 'wow' factor.

Oh yeah, i nearly forgot...for any lippy, a lipliner should be used so it lasts all day. I randomly picked up a red lip liner whilst trying out Rubywoo for the first time. It was a Mac lipliner called cherry and it looked AMAZING just on its own on the lips. Whatever doubt i had about wearing red on the lips was long out the window! Anyway, i highly recommend the Rubywoo lipstick and Cherry lipliner combo, defo gives me that 'feel good' factor and i hope it makes you ladies feel great too.

What is your favourite lippy/ lip liner at the moment?

Toodle peep,

Ellister X

4 comments:

  1. ooo i looove this colour! i dont think im daring enough to try it though =S

    if i ever use color on my lips, its usually my mineral blush powders from lilylolo.co.uk, the great thing about them is that u can either use them as blusher or mix them with abit of lip blam and create lip colour. love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should post a pic! I love red lipsticks myself, I don't think I look good in anyyy other colour. I'm aslo "tanned" myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashi: Never say never! I used to say the exact same thing but give it a go and you might just be surprised at how complimentary it is to your skin tone!

    Shamsa: I was thinking to put a pick up of me wearing it but I haven't got round to it...next time I put it on, I'll defo take a pic and post it. Which red lippy do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love ruby woo tooo! it looked so good on u!!!!!!!! yay!!! i dnt kno why im getting so excited lol!

    ReplyDelete