Blogroll

Thursday 31 March 2011

17 make-up haul...and a bit of Jessie Jizzle :)

Ola m'lovlies,

*que music*


Okay, firstly i thought i'd start off with some music from Jessie J. I was never really a big fan of hers after Do it like a dude but when i was watching an acoustic set she was doing for 4Music, i definitely saw her in an absolutely different light. She actually has a beautiful voice and her songs are those that you can definitely relate to. 'Who you are' was one of those songs i knew i can have on repeat and not get bored, i absolutely love it! What do you think? Thoughts on Jessie J?

Anyway, to my recent purchases...I went to see a friend yesterday and on my way home i decided to stop off at Boots. Obviously i marched up to the make up section first (as you do) and had a little browse through everything. My hand ended up like a child's hand (one that had found a stash of colouring pens and thought they were Banksy!) with all the make up testing and then my eyes drew to the 3 for 2 offer (naturally of course...hey i'm Asian!) at the 17 makeup section. I found a little space on my hand and tested some of the lip liners. I liked two of the colours (Valentine and Rose Blush) so i picked those up then my eyes drew to the blushers. Now i always have this thing about 'cheap' blushers, i  always think that they won't be good or in any way pigmented so i always avoid them. But i thought i'd give this particular one a try (China Pink).


So today my dear mother dragged me out of bed to go shopping, which meant i only had 5mins to do my make up and 5mins to get ready and do my hijab. I used the 17 blusher and surprisingly i really liked it. It gave me a natural looking pink colour to my cheeks and was pigmented enough. Compared to other blushers that i have which are mega pigmented and end up making me look like a clown and also tends to be kinda blotchy when applied, this was was pretty good. I think the original price was £3.49 which i think is pretty decent...compared to what i pay for some blushers from more 'high end' make up brands. So this will definitely be a keeper!

As for the lip liners, they were also good. One is a softer pink (Top; Rose blush- almost nude which a touch of pink) whilst the other (Valentine) is more pink but not a vibrant pink as such...excuse the lack of make up jargon, i'm not exactly a pro just a love for make up! You can use these as a base for your lipstick or wear it plain...if you wear it plain you can even add a bit of gloss if you wish!

Overall, i was happy with my purchases. Have you guys used any 17 products? Which are your fave...or least fave?

Hope you've enjoyed reading this post :)

Adios...

Ellister X

1 comment: