Blogroll

Monday 28 March 2011

Product review: Hijab Fashion Shop

Hey chicas!!!...oh, i didn't consider my male followers? hmmm...chickens? Lol

Anyway, i recently placed an order from Hijab Fashion Shop after viewing some of their hijabs on their website. As soon as i saw them, i knew they were sold...to me! I love decorated hijabs and i especially love the flowery design...i don't care what season it is, i don't care if there is a monsoon outside or snow up to my knees, i'll still rock my loud and proud flowery hijabs, I LOVE THEM!



Anyway, i fell in love with almost all of the hijabs (from the 'latest stock' collection) and decided to by a couple. Of course a couple turned into three, then four, then five...and i resisted a sixth by purchasing two accessories for hijabs. Now i am watching the purse strings believe it or not and it all totalled up to around £38 including delivery. My thoughts on the price...well each scarf ranged from about £5-£6.50 i think and i do believe this was pulling on me purse strings a little as i usually buy my decorated/ flowery hijabs from Whitechaple (East London) which almost always have an offer of 3 hijabs for £5. But i consoled myself by comparing it to the value of a pair of jeans or a jacket and felt that it was justifiable (is there such word?!) to buy 5 hijabs (+ 2 accessories) than 1 jacket or a pair of jeans for £35-40, won't you agree fellow hijabis?


5 hijabs: far left is crinkly (i think i may iron it though), purple, light grey, dark grey and black...all with flowers :)

I received a couple of emails to say they had recieved my order and it was processing...and then dispatched...after like TWO DAYS! I must give it to them, delivery time could not be faulted! It came in a pretty pink package (i'm not keen on pink if you don't know already) and i couldn't believe my eyes...i tore it open like i would my doner kebab box, tearing away at it ferociously with my fingers first and when i was failing with that then i had to use the teeth (i wanted to use the little kid on Christmas metaphor but i know that's been rinced!), like i hadn't eaten for weeks or as if it was a competition with my siblings of who can open the kebab box the quickest and eat the most within 60 seconds...anyway, you catch my drift, i was desperate to see what these scarves looked like!!!

Hijab accessories

I was not at all disappointed. I loved each and every hijab...they even kindly included two hijab pins for free and i'm a sucker for freebies (hey i'm Asian, it's natural!).

Overall, very happy with my purchase and i will recommend this website to all you ladies.


Farewell darlings,

Ellister X

10 comments:

  1. ahh you beat me to a post about reviewing purchases from this shop...me and my sis are obsessed with their stuff! we ordered aload of floral ones just a few days ago. love them!

    i have to agree their delivery timing is spot on and the complimentary pins are such a lovely addition.

    oo btw my sis has the same purple one as you and i have the blue version =D your other ones are gorgeousss, the crinkle one is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want all of those hijabs! I'm such a sucker for floral hijabs nowadays...will be ordering when I get paid! ps. you look gorgeous m'A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will definitely try it out, they look really nice :) and I get what you mean, I can get 2 or 3 for a fiver too. Oh and yeah, justifiable IS a word ;) *oxford english dictionary* hahaa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girlies!

    Shamiya: JazakAllah khair for the lovely comment...as always, i really do recommend these beauties!

    Hijabi hippie: Sorry i haven't quite caught your name yet!? I thought it was a word but did have an inkling of doubt, thank you for correcting me m'dear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! if you liked those hijabs, maybe you would like to see this: www.facebook.com/hijabdesignstudio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! if you liked these, perhaps you would like to have a look at this: www.facebook.com/hijabdesignstudio They are comng up with a scarves collection soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so pretty, Masha'Allah! And, I love the hijabs! Welcome to blogging world. I definitely started following your friend that you mentioned as an inspiration (aisha), it's so lovely to see more and more hijabis blogging about their style and life! <3 ittt! i'm definitely going to write a little blurb about you on my blog --- would love for other people to find you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ReallyPosh: I will definitely check them out! JazakAllah khair

    Reveiling Yourself: Dear sister, i really appreciate your kind words. I'm not an English student nor studying journalism (or fashion for that matter! Lol) but i like to talk a lot, hence the blog! Aisha is an absolute gem and this is definitely portrayed in her fab blog so i'm glad you're following! Glad you enjoy reading my random-ness :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. assalamualaikum.. i just bought the same one as yours (the left one)...hihihi... i can't wait to wear it though..u look so pretty by the way. do you live in london? I am malaysian, and i just moved to the uk last year to further my study. knowing a muslim from london really excites me..i dunno why..haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wa'alaikum salaam sis. Yep i love all my scarves! Have you recieved yours yet? What do you think? JazakAllah khair for the lovely comment...yep i do live in London. What are you studying? and where? Where abouts in London you staying?

    ReplyDelete