Blogroll

Saturday 19 February 2011

Experimenting with my new maxi dress...

Hey hey hey,

So i received 3 of my maxi dresses yesterday and i was eagerly excited to recreate a look my dear friend Ashi created on her birthday...hope you don't mind but your sense of fashion is inspiring =) As i tore open the packaging and flung open the first maxi dress, my heart sank...i held the jersy maxi dress against myself and found that it was the 'clingy' material i dreaded it would be =( I got it in a size 10 but seeing as i wanted to wear it almost like an abaya, a larger size would have been better. Anyway, i tried it on and it wasn't so bad (it was kinda translucent though which was a downer; 'tumar tolleh di shock-kohlta dekha-zai nu'...basically 'i can see what you're wearing underneath', my mother pointed out) but i wore skinny jeans underneath which wasn't so bad. I'll have to wait until Summer and do the 'translucency test' again to see just HOW see-through the dress it, til then, i'm gonna rock this look =) I first wore it with some pretty grey heels (i admit, i cannot walk in heels well!) and it looked really good, but when i went outside with my nephew and he was making me run after him, i thought 'Sod this, where are my flats?' so i grabbed the nearest flats and stuck them on.

                                 

I'm not vain for taking my own pics...my personal photographer wasn't available on the day! *nervous laugh*

Toodle peep,

Ellister X

2 comments: