Blogroll

Friday 11 February 2011

Kwor-fee? ('Coffee' for my Non-Yankies!)

Hey hey hey,

Thought i'd do a post on coffee...random i know, but hey that's me! =)

I remember i was addicted to coffee during my uni years...oh how very long ago that seems! It was the only thing that supposedly 'kept me awake'...i say supposedly because i could never do all-nighters like most students insist the result of endless jugs of coffee have on themselves. Anyway, having said that, i would drink coffee like it was tap water, mug after mug after mug! I enjoy experimenting with my coffees (as in the way i make them), here are some of my creations:

1- 1tsp of coffee, brown sugar and hot milk
2- 1tsp of coffee, brown sugar, little bit of water, evaporated milk then hot water
3- Coffee, brown sugar, Coffee mate and water
4- Coffee, brown sugar, half water half milk



I can't think of anymore but when i do i shall add to the list. I haven't got a favourite yet, it all depends on how much time i have, my 'bother-ability' and sometimes my mood (milky ones make me sleepy!).

How do you like your coffee? Or do you prefer tea? I hear Peppermint tea has health benefits so i might try that next. I'm not a big fan of green tea though (i once bought Twinings Green Tea teabags and HATED it), but a collegue at work recommended i taste the 'authentic' green tea from Wing Yip (chinese grocery store)...his eyes nearly popped out their socket when i told him i thought Green Tea was the stuff Twinings produced. He told me 'that's rubbish' and tasted nothing like the green tea from chinese grocery stores. I trust my collegue because he's of Oriental origin so i shall try the 'chinese' green tea next time i visit Wing Yip =)...on the other hand, he also told me in his native land (Cambodia) they love to eat fried spiders (i had to ask him whether he loves to eat these creatures after watching a programme on countries that feast on creepy crawlies) so i'm not sure if i can trust this chap's pallette *confused*

Anyway, i can go on writing lots more but it wont make sense after a bit and will probably bore you so i shall leave it there. I'm off to make some spiced apple crumble cupcakes...not the Asian's stance on chilli (chilli powder/ green chillis) but mixed spice, lol. I shall let you know how they turn out once i'm done =)

Toodle peep,

Ellister X

4 comments:

  1. i love coffee! my faves with coffee mate, so creamy and yummy. though i havent drank coffee in a while now, ive been addicted to tea lately!

    i drink lattes and mochas at uni. mostly lattes, they taste alot lighter than a mocha. ive also tried peppermint tea, its quite nice.

    and i also know what your friend means about trying proper green tea, its tastes a WHOLE lot nicer than twinings. but i do love the fruit infused twinings, we have like 6 diff flavours in the cupboard lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea & coffee equally.

    I love a peppermint white mocha from starbucks, and if i'm making coffee at home i like it black and strong, little sugar.

    As for tea, my favorite is "hot cinnamon sunset" by a brand called "Harney & Sons". i feel like I had no idea what tea tasted like until I tried their teas! Amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well ive had authentic green tea and it tastes horrible, along with twinins. However an alternative (which ive been drinking RELIGIOUSLY the past few days is twinings green tea infused with mint...AH-mazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashi: I love Starbuck Caramel Machiato, have you tried that? With extra caramel and whipped cream of course!

    Shamsa: Hey love! I haven't tried the peppermint white mocha from Starbucks, sounds gorge though! Will give it a go tomorrow when i'm at work =) OMG i love anything with cinnamon in it and that 'hot cinnamon sunset' tea sounds ah-mazzzing! I haven't heard of Harney and Sons =( Nor have i seen it a the supermarket where i work. Where do you get it from? x

    Sana: I'm trying out the Sainsbury's peppermint tea, its mediocre, nothing special! But i shall buy the Twinings mint tea tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete